With the help of this article, you will easily learn to check for updates in windows 10.
Updates in Windows 10
Windows Update (WU) also known as Microsoft Update is a Windows service provides updates for Windows operating system & its other components. The service provides different kinds of updates. Security updates or critical updates protect against vulnerabilities to malware and security exploits. Other updates enhance the functionality of Windows.
Microsoft regularly releases, updates on the second and sometimes fourth Tuesday of every month, known as Patch Tuesday (a. k. a. Update Tuesday). However a new update could be released at any time in case of urgent requirement to protect Windows users from a newly discovered security exploit.
Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the scheduled time set in automatic maintenance. (By default, it is 2:00 AM). Also the best part is important and critical updates will be automatically downloaded and installed whenever they are available. Although optional updates will not install automatically, but notify you as they become ready to install.
How to check for Updates in Windows 10
1. Go to Settings > Update & Security
2. Select Windows Update in left pane, click on button Check for updates
3. Windows automatically starts to download and install available updates.
4. If there were problems installing any update, you will get below error message.
- Most probably it is due to internet connectivity issue. Click Retry button when internet connection will get established again.
- If internet connection is proper and still you are facing this issue, then please confirm that Windows Defender is OFF. It is located just below Windows Update in left pane. (See above screenshot)
- If all above method didn’t work then download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
5. You can restart your system immediately by pressing Restart Now button or you can schedule to a more convenient time. Be sure your system is ON at the schedule time. Depending on size of the update, the the install will take time.
Now you can check for updates in Windows 10 easily by following above steps. If you still face any problem, please write a comment, I will try my best to reply as soon as possible. Thanks again for reading the post.